Wednesday, March 13, 2013

03.13.13

03.13.13

I have never tried to start a blog before, however, I felt it necessary after listening to the two latest podcasts from Barbell Shrugged and Weightlifting Talk (Jon North). As a current garage gym lifter, and someone who has no training partner or coach, the podcasts were talking about YouTube as a means of inspiration and a way to help solo athletes keep in the game mentally.

...And they couldn't be any more on point.

I can't count how many Westside, CrossFit, Cal Strength, Outlaw Way videos I have watched over and over and over, just to see how these athletes move and as a means of comparing my lifts without actually getting out there in person. I asked myself, "Why do I keep to myself in my little dungeon garage gym that I call "DJHQ"?" I realized that I only make contact with the rare guest that decides to drop by for a WOD every now and then(one every month or two would be a lot).  I decided that I could put parts of my WODs out on YouTube and maybe make an impact on someone's training day in a positive manner the way all of these other athletes have in mine.

Anyway, this is why I'm starting my blog, putting my training log on here and hopefully figure out how to get some videos of my lifts on YouTube and get this ball rolling.

I follow a version of the Outlaw Way (outlawcoach.wordpress.com) that fits into my crazy schedule, equipment constraints, and burning desire to do conditioning (can you sense the sarcasm?). The following is the workout from today, and if I don't forget, fall asleep or lose total interest in posting already, I'll try and get video up of a couple lifts from today's session. I weigh 185lbs US and 84kg for the weightlifters.

*This is a day behind due to a hiccup in my schedule at work. As I always say, work constantly gets in the way of my WOD life.

WOD 3-13-13:
1. HBBS
1x5@80% (305)
2x3@85% (320)
3x1@90% (340)

2. 7x1 - Pause First Pull  + 1 Clean & Jerk
225-245-265-285 (failed Jerk)-285-295(fail clean)-295

3. 4x3 - 1 1/4 Front Squat heaviest possible
225-255-275-285 (hit 2 then knew I wouldnt get the third, racked the weight for 20 seconds, hit the third)

That is all. Fairly solid day, esp since the clean complex is my current 1RM pr on C&J.

Finally got this vid up.

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment